On the 24th July 2013 not only did the Institute re-open, but the Memo shared its official
opening with the relocation of Caerphilly Councils Newbridge Library and Cash Office.
In the 1900's the Institute was the original home of Newbridge library, so it is wonderful to go back to traditions and have it back again in the heart of the village.
Newbridge library boast excellent facilities such as;
- a computer suite with 17 computers,
- a childrens area,
- an adolescent area with separate computers and an Xbox,
- comfortable seating areas for reading,
- a great range of books, DVD's and Audio book's,
- the daily papers browse through
- free papers and magazines such as the Caerphilly Observer.
The library also provides an excellent variety of free groups from toddler story time to computer
classes and family history groups, there is something for everyone.
Moving just across the street. Newbridge Memo is also the new location for
Newbridge Cash Office. The friendly staff can be found on the right-hand side of the library desk.